Thanks for Attending or Helping with Another Successful Midwest Turf Expo
On behalf of the Turf Program and the Midwest Regional Turf Foundation (MRTF), I'd like to thank everyone who helped with and/or attended the 2005 Midwest Turf Expo on January 18-19 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis . The Expo provides tremendous positive exposure for the Turf Program and the MRTF, and it could never happen without the help of many, many volunteers. Some of the highlights of the Expo include
- Over 1500 professionals attended workshops and educational sessions covering all areas of turf, parks, and recreation industries.
- The tradeshow consisted of over 100 companies exhibiting in 175 booths displaying turf equipment and products as well as park and recreation supplies and equipment.
- Golf course superintendent associations and other organizations presented donations to the MRTF totaling well over $35,000 to support turfgrass research and education. These donations came from superintendent fundraisers, special purchase offers through distributors, and member donations from Elcona CC in Elkhart .
- The MRTF presented a check to the Purdue University Department of Agronomy for over $186,000 for support of the turfgrass research and education.
- John Morris was awarded the 2005 MRTF Distinguished Service Award for his many years of support to the Turf Program, it's students, and the Industry.
Thanks again for everyone's help and support, and please contact us at 765-494-8039 if you have suggestions on improving the Turf Expo or any other aspect of the Purdue Turf Program.
Associate Professor/Turfgrass Extension Specialist
Send corrections, suggestions, and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org