Agronomy and NRES students:
The opportunity is yours!
Become an Agronomy Ambassador
We will be selecting 2-4 Agronomy Ambassadors in the spring semester.
- Making new friends and networking.
- Personally connecting with Agronomy faculty and administrators.
- Invitations to special department and college events.
- Meeting prominent individuals. Past ambassadors have met Tim Russert, Former Purdue President Martin Jischke, and Governor Mitch Daniels.
- Enhancing career, leadership, and communication skills.
- New Agronomy Ambassador shirt and jacket!
- Participate in orientation sessions throughout a semester.
- Attend meetings with the program coordinators and learn more about the Agronomy department, meet different faculty and staff, and gain leaderships skills.
- Represent the department at various activities such as: Harvest Reunion; National FFA Convention; Parents’ weekend; Purdue for Me; Honorary Doctorate recognition; Distinguished Ag Alumni recognition; along with giving several department/college tours, talking with potential students, and participating with K-12 educational events.
Applications and Interview:
- Application and résumé are due by 3:00 p.m. Friday, March 27, 2009.
- Applicants will be notified if selected to interview.
- During your interview you will be asked to give a 5 minute presentation about what you can contribute to the outreach and image of the Agronomy Department.
- Full-time student enrolled in Agronomy or NRES at least one semester.
- Minimum two semesters remaining.
- Accumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on 4.0 scale.
If you have any questions contact:
Sherry Fulk-Bringman, Lilly 3-419, 494-8627, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Delp, Lilly 2-418, 494-6586, email@example.com