The Corn Growers' Guidebook
Welcome to the Corn Growers' Guidebook, a repository of resources about the King of American Crops. Within this site you will find both timely and timeless information that will assist you to grow corn more profitably.
PLEASE NOTE: The "Corny Publications" database stopped working following a move to a new Web server. Please be patient while we troubleshoot and fix the problem. Please report any other quirks, broken links, "dead" images, etc. on this Web site to your friendly neighborhood Extension corn specialist.
- Looking for information on assessing and managing crop damage due to excessive rainfall? Check out this repository of information from landgrant universities throughout the Midwest: www.kingcorn.org/cafe/flood.
Looking for some great advice on growing corn in the greenhouse? Check out this Web site from Purdue's Horticulture & Landscape Architecture Greenhouse staff: http://www.hort.purdue.edu/hort/facilities/greenhouse/CornMethod.shtml.
- Looking for the latest update on Purdue's research on yield responses of corn to plant population? Check out this article: www.kingcorn.org/news/timeless/SeedingRateGuidelines.pdf.
- Looking for the latest update on Purdue's nitrogen fertilizer rate recommendations? Check out this article: www.kingcorn.org/news/timeless/NitrogenMgmt.pdf.
- Looking for information on how to manage the challenges of continuous corn production? Check out this article: www.kingcorn.org/news/timeless/CornCorn.html.
- If you are looking for the world famous Chat 'n Chew Café, then look no farther than www.kingcorn.org/cafe.
- Searching for university corn hybrid performance data? Check out the University Crop Testing Alliance Web site.
- Interested in heating your home with corn grain or biomass? Check out Corny Tools of the Trade.
- Want to build a corn maze? Check out what others have done at Corny Culture - Corn Mazes.
- Looking for smut? Check out the edible corn smut recipes at Corny Culture - Corny Recipes.
- Need some corny ideas for your classroom activities? Go to the head of the class at Corny Culture - Corny Classrooms.