Here are some other Web sites that emphasize corn in some form or fashion.
Corn Grower Associations
- American Corn Growers Association
- The ACGA claims to be America's leading progressive commodity association, representing the interests of corn producers in 28 states.
- National Corn Growers Association
- The official homepage of the National Corn Growers Association.
- Web sites for state corn grower associations
- Grain Farmers of Ontario
- "Grain Farmers of Ontario (GFO) represents Ontario’s 28,000 growers of corn, soybean and wheat. Our farmers' crops cover 5 million acres of farm land across the province, and are a major economic driver for Canada. Ontario-grown corn, soybean and wheat crops generate over $2.5 billion in farm gate receipts, result in over $9 billion in economic output, and are responsible for over 40,000 jobs in the province.."
Corn Processors & Manufacturers
- Archer Daniels Midland - North America
- One of the largest agricultural processors in the world.
- Corn Refiners Association, Inc.
- "Based in Washington, D.C., the Corn Refiners Association, Inc. is the national trade association representing the corn refining (wet milling) industry of the United States. The association, and its predecessors, have served this important segment of American agribusiness since 1913."
- A merger of National Starch and Corn Products International.
- The Popcorn Institute
- The Popcorn Institute is a trade association of processors of popcorn. The Institute is dedicated to improving the quality of popcorn and making consumers aware of its many qualities. This Web site offers a lot of fun information about popcorn.
- Snack Food Association
- The Snack Food Association (SFA) is the international trade association of the snack food industry representing snack manufacturers and suppliers. Founded in 1937, SFA represents over 800 companies worldwide. SFA business membership includes, but is not limited to, manufacturers of potato chips, tortilla chips, cereal snacks, pretzels, popcorn, cheese snacks, snack crackers, meat snacks, pork rinds, snack nuts, party mix, corn snacks, pellet snacks, fruit snacks, snack bars, granola, snack cakes, cookies and various other snacks.
- "This website is brought to you by fresh sweet corn growers and shippers in Florida. They voluntarily participate in the Florida Sweet Corn Exchange, Inc., and the Sweet Corn Growers Exchange, Inc. Working cooperatively, both groups contribute to the Fresh Supersweet Corn Council that promotes their product."
- Tate & Lyle
- Based in the United Kingdom, Tate & Lyle is a global manufacturer of cereal sweeteners and starches, sugar refining, value added food and industrial ingredients, and citric acid; plus claims to be the world number one in industrial starches and the sole manufacturer of SPLENDA® Sucralose.
- Tortilla Industry Association
- "Based in Dallas, Texas, the Tortilla Industry Association was created in 1990 to serve the emerging tortilla industry - now the fastest growing segment of the baking industry, with global sales surpassing $6 billion last year."
Ethanol Production & Use
- American Coalition for Ethanol
- ACE was formed in 1988 to bring together a wide range of groups in support of ethanol. ACE unites agricultural producers, commodity and farm organizations, ethanol producers, rural electric cooperatives, businesses, and individuals.
- Ethanol & Co-Products
- Minnesota DDGS
- Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles (DDGS). This site was developed to provide its users a "one stop" place to find all of the most current information related to using DDGS in dairy, beef, swine and poultry feeds.
- National Alternative Fuels Center
- The EERC National Alternative Fuels Center builds collaborations with industry to overcome technical, economic, and social barriers to commercial utilization of alternative fuels.
- National Corn-to-Ethanol Research Center
- The NCERC is a not-for-profit research center focused on the validation of near term technologies for enhancing the economics and sustainability of renewable fuel production.
- Renewable Fuels Association
- As the national trade association for the U.S. ethanol industry, the Renewable Fuels Association (RFA) promotes policies, regulations and research and development initiatives that will lead to the increased production and use of fuel ethanol.
- U.S. Grains Council
- The U.S. Grains Council develops export markets for U.S. barley, corn, grain sorghum and related products, providing leadership, information and innovation.
- Ag Alumni Seed Online!
- "The Agricultural Alumni Seed Improvement Association is a non-profit corporation founded in 1938, dedicated to providing top quality seed stock to seedsmen throughout North America. Ag Alumni Seed specializes in hybrid popcorn seed, but also offers foundation seed stocks of soft red winter wheat, soybeans and oats. Other services include a private label licensing program, wholesale seed brokerage, and contract seed production and conditioning."
- American Seed Trade Association
- "Founded in 1883, ASTA is one of the oldest trade organizations in the United States. Our membership consists of about 850 companies involved in seed production and distribution, plant breeding, and related industries in North America. As an authority on plant germplasm, ASTA advocates science and policy issues of industry-wide importance."
- CIMMYT Global Maize Program
- "The maize program at CIMMYT helps the poor in developing countries by increasing the productivity of resources committed to maize while protecting natural resources. This is accomplished through the preservation, improvement, and dissemination of genetic resources; the development of environmentally compatible crop management practices; the provision of research methodologies and information; and through training and consulting."
- Illinois Maize Breeding & Genetics Lab
- Iowa Corn Production
- Kentucky Corn Extension
- Maize Genetics Cooperation • Stock Center
- The Maize Genetics Cooperation - Stock Center is part of the National Plant Germplasm System (NPGS) and is supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service (USDA/ARS).
- Maize Genetics & Genomics Database
- "The goals of this project are to provide a central repository for public maize information and present it in a way that creates intuitive biological connections for the researcher with minimal effort as well as provide a series of computational tools that directly address the questions of the biologist in an easy-to-use form. MaizeGDB is funded by a cooperative agreement through the USDA Agricultural Research Service."
- Mutants of Maize
- Developed by M. Gerald Neuffer, University of Missouri, Columbia; Edward H. Coe, USDA, ARS, PGRU, Columbia; and Susan R. Wessler, University of Georgia, Athens. 1997, 468 pp., illus., color plates, index Cloth $100 ISBN 0-87969-443-2 Paper $40 ISBN 0-87969-444-0. Still available from www.amazon.com.
- Missouri Corn Extension
- North Carolina
- Ohio State Extension Corn Publications
- Specialty Corns for Value-Added Grain Production
- "The purpose of this guide is to serve as a clearinghouse for information on the production, nutritional value, utilization, and marketing of specialty corn."
- Penn State Corn and Soybean Management
- Purdue Greenhouse Culture Methods
- Growth systems for optimizing corn production in greenhouses and growth chambers.
- Vermont - Field Corn for Silage and Grain
- Wisconsin Corn Agronomy