Other Drought Information Sites
he following lists other Web sites around the country with major drought content relative to weather conditions and forecasts as well as current or predicted crop conditions.
Because this and the other drought-related crops pages may be updated frequently during times of drought, please "refresh" or "reload" your Web browser to force an update to the most current version.
These links were last verified June 2012. Please send comments or dead link alerts to R.L. (Bob) Nielsen (rnielsen at purdue.edu).
- University Drought Information Resources
- Colorado State Univ.
- Kansas State Univ.
- Michigan State Univ.
- North Dakota State Univ.
- Ohio State Univ
- Purdue Univ.
- Texas A&M Univ.
- Univ. of Kentucky
- Univ. of Kentucky Ag Weather Center
- Univ. of Minnesota
- Univ. of Missouri
- Univ of Nebraska
- Climate Prediction Center, NOAA
- 8- to 14-Day U.S. Weather Outlook
- U.S. Drought Severity Index (Long Term Palmer)
- U.S. Crop Moisture Index (Short Term Needs)
- Three-Month U.S. Weather Outlook
- Indiana State Climate Office at Purdue Univ.
- The Indiana State Climate Office ( Iclimate ) is the state archive of official daily and hourly weather observations recorded throughout Indiana. Iclimate maintains an online archive of many recent daily and hourly observations from both manual and automated networks.
- Midwest Climate Watch
- A product of the Midwest Regional Climate Center that offers up-to-date maps of precipitation and soil moisture conditions throughout the Midwest.
- National Agricultural Statistics Service
- USDA National Crop Production Estimates.
- USDA National Crop Progress Estimates
- National Integrated Drought Information System
- This Web site is a roundup of the various NOAA Web sites and information on drought and climate conditions.
- U.S. Drought Monitor
- Maintained by the Drought Mitigation Center, the Drought Monitor is a synthesis of multiple indices, outlooks and news accounts, that represents a consensus of federal and academic scientists.
- USDA-FSA Hay Net
- USDA-Farm Services Agency developed this website for producers to list information concerning the need for hay or the availability of hay.